You know what I did in Goa...
Shillong in the first week of October, Goa in the third...I sure am travelling a lot this year. Throw in Ooty last April, that leaves me with a north-Indian destination to cover before January to brag that I have covered the 'length' and 'breadth' of the country this year, whew!
So, what do I write about the trip, my first trip to Goa? Nothing new to add except what people already know I suppose...
- that I am happy, as happy as I was in UK or US, that I am a non-vegeterian (drools) and that I am not allergic to sea food.
- that I am now as tanned as a lobster along my swimming costume lines
- that for once I was comfortable wearing short dresses as there were so many with dresses shorter than mine(so short, that they were hardly there)and no one stared at me...except for some frustrated Indian husbands and some groups of single guys, who would stare at anything.
- that we could avoid 'freaking' out and instead chose to 'laze' out...and found it as enjoyable as the former option. Must be getting real old
- that swimsuits dry best when they are still being worn, and not when hung outside your room in the balcony...
- that the best way to read books is to first take a dip and then stretch out on the sand beds to dry, with a new paperback..ahhh heaven! (Now don't ask me why i 'wasted' a holiday reading...I simply enjoyed it)...I devoured a Mary Higgins Clark thriller and still onto 'On Beauty' by Zadie Smith.
- that I know for sure how many drinks hubby had at different places during the day, but just let go, till he admitted the morning after that he did not remember anything that happened after signing the bill the night before. (And this from a guy who was vehemently assuring me after signing the bill, that he was fine, and, if left to himself, can find his way to the room on his own!)
- that, and this is a rant, Goa is pretty expensive when it comes to water sports, even simple ones like a water scooter, and tiny beach shacks which look dirty and miserable, charge a lot for the food, thanks to the high demand around.
Anyways, great holiday, and a great way to end it...that is, we literally got off the plane and auto rickshaw-ed into our new car....with the confused rickshaw driver wondering why we wanted to go to a car showroom with all the luggage once we got down from the flight...and we must have gone down as one of the legends circulating around showroom, that of 'a couple who were so crazy to own a Honda Civic that they came directly here from their Goa trip, from the airport'!!!!
To end this, here's presenting some banter about the trip (through scraps) with one of my acquaintances, simply to give you an wtf effect:
Acquaintance: How was Goa?
the usual question gets the usual answer
Me:Goa was great, though we lazed out, more than we freaked out...but we loved it.
A: Lazed out whr?in room or on the beaches?????????????
Attempts at being naughty? Ok then...
Me: (trying to sound neutral)Beaches and swimming pool...Goa, after all, can be quite a haven for relaxing...
A: I can bet on that too.Why was your hubby missing frm the seen?very busy?
Me: (a little confused)Hubby was not missing from the scene...he was with me...why else would I write 'we' lazed out?
A:xcuse me u can laze out with sis too darling.u mentioned everyone xcept him so i thot he wasn't there?my god what a prompt reply for hubby darling.
Everyone? When did I do that?
Me:(a little irritated now)You seriously thought we went to goa with my sis in tow?????? Am not that old yet, neither is our marriage
Honestly, what was she thinking???