Sunday, October 08, 2006

At the airport

Blogging from the airport, Calcutta airport, with just 15 min to spare, 'cause it seems the server has some problem and will disconnect after every 15 min.
To all those who commented on my last post, will reply to them once I am back in town i.e. Hyderabad.
Well, so I missed my flight yesterday, the Kingfisher flight, becuase gates close 30 min before departure, and all trains conspired to be late yesterday from my home town, i.e. Durgapur, and I reached the airport just 30 min before!!!! Got myself booked to the earliest flight the next day, i.e. Air Sahara at 10:35 AM, but Mamatadidi had chosen this day as a Bandh day, so we had to book a taxi, and on insistence by mom, reached teh airport by 6AM, i.e. before the bandh was effective.
You have to see the airport to belive this - there are people all around, it resembles a railway station, albeit with air conditioning and cleaner environs. No trolleys, but I finally managed to get one from arrivals. And the STD booth benefitted by my long calls.
The only saving grace - this is Kolkata airport and not Hyderabad, else I don't know how I would have coped there...people who know both places, will agree!!!
Got to log off, getting reminders, till I log in again ciao!

Small update: Am back in Hyderabad, got back on Monday finally, after Air Sahara realized at the last moment that they have 'technical problems' in the flight, and we were finally transported by another flight after 1PM. I am thankful they did not realize that technical flaw after we flew.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know how it feels...last time i went to singapore i checked in 30 mts before flight left.....and i thought i would not make it....but the fact was that those guys did do a professional job of telling us off that it was an exception...counters do close at 30 mts before flight take off...whatever we did manage to go and do our presentation to our clients finally :)

Mon Oct 09, 01:33:00 AM  
Blogger Chilla-Bong said...

Hope you have a safe flight back to Hyd.BTW is Dumdum now Wifi enabled.If that be the case,wow I'm begining to feel proud of my city.

Mon Oct 09, 06:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, DumDum is not Wifi enabled. It's just that you have a cyber cafe there.

Wed Oct 11, 02:52:00 AM  
Blogger Sheetal said...

Hi there,

Would love to see some pics from your trip :)

First time I've visited your blog, but will be back again soon!

Thu Oct 12, 03:35:00 AM  
Blogger Aparna said...

@SA: You were lucky...Kingfisher was much too stringent... :( unfortunately for me.

@CB and Anon: Yeah, I was at a cyber cafe of iway...am not sure about the wi-fi thing...but I did find a guy witha laptop browsing the net sitting in the lounge...

@Sheetal: Welcome to my blog...and expect me at yours :)

Thu Oct 12, 05:09:00 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

nice to know you got back safe. so where are the pictures from your trip?

Fri Oct 13, 07:51:00 AM  
Blogger Mita said...

Gosh..that was an ordeal huh! I can empathise with you .

Sun Oct 15, 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Anshuman said...

technical flaw after we flew

Lol!! :-D
Even the pilot wont like that to happen ;)

Mon Oct 16, 08:07:00 AM  
Blogger Aparna said...

@M:
We didn't have a digital camera, so with two cameras with us, some films are still left...will post soon.

@Mitadi: Yes it was, I had started to feel that the airport is my second home in Kolkata...a-la-terminal.

@Anshu: Lucky us that the pilot values his own life!!

Tue Oct 17, 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home