It's time to give up....
But then whatever, out of sheer laziness, or after days of prolonged debating with * ahem* myself, I have decided to give up the following, at least for now (this disclaimer is very important). This will of course add to another previous list which I had decided to give up long back - like outdoor games (as I was always unsuccessful in them), watching complicated English movies (as I never understood them), etc. Anyways, here goes:
1. I have decided to give up vehement, stubborn fights which ultimately become man vs. woman fights. As one of friend's friend once remarked, way back in 2001, that certain fights should stop, and they included 'man vs. woman fights' and 'Carmel school vs. St. Xavier’s school, durgapur' fights among many more.
The reason for this decision:
Well, for one, they lead nowhere, at least not when you are typing out long replies to someone else’s long replies, as both of us are convinced that we are right and the other one is wrong, and gradually the temper and ego comes in, and we never stop to understand the other's point of view. It becomes a 'debate', no longer a 'discussion'.
It is exasperating, and such fights only make me frustrated about the unseen gap between the sexes...honestly.
Second reason is, I seriously don't think there is anything to fight about, esp. when the topic turns to who is better, stronger, more logical, or anything like competition between the sexes...because frankly, in my opinion, these things cannot be determined...ever. There can be statistics, medical reports, studies...but ultimately what matters is the individual. Both sexes cannot do without each other, and are pretty similar in some ways and pretty dissimilar in some other ways, so what is needed here is more of complementing each other, and less of one-upmanship.
Thirdly...sheesh...I have started arguing again...no...let me end it here - I will give up going on answering others if I find that all that they are doing is trying to prove 'I am better than you as I am a man'.
2. I have decided to give up getting affected by comments aimed at me at other people's blogs, except when I choose to answer them:
Now this decision happened just now, when really I felt helpless. There were 3-4 anonymous commenters, and each one saying something different, and one of them told another commenters to stop listening to 'stupid' my name's comments. Now, how do you convince him that I am not stupid...given the fact that wikipedia's version of stupidity may differ from that of his own...and again differ from mine.
No, we must respect others' opinions and disagree to agree with them...or should it be agree to disagree with them? Ok, whatever, from now on, upbeat is the mood to go, my girl.
3. I have decided to give up trying to fit into clothes made for someone else - someone with a smaller waist than mine, with a better shoulder than mine, with anything different than mine....from now on, either I get clothes which are made for me, or I don't get them...or I get them made for me!!!
4. I have decided to give up fighting for the TV remote till the end of World Cup football...whenever that is:
The reason - isn't it obvious? When you can't win them....leave them....I mean wars and battles and fights.
5. I have decided to give up reading blogs/articles/books and watching movies which depress me, when I am already in a dumb mood, somewhat like when your lunch gets wet by rain water, and then you don't know whom to take out the anger on....yeah...somewhat like that.
6. I have finally decided to give up resistance to being branded - as a feminist, as a man-hater, as a lousy home maker, as a careerist, as a ...well...whatever...will go more into that later. But as of now, people can brand me anything they like, by people it includes, friends, not-friends, cousins, aunts, etc.
At least, there'll be less tension trying to explain.
7. I have decided to give up watching Ram Gopal Verma's movies:
The reason? Well, they get nowhere. They start off well, and the sets are very authentic, as well as the costume, etc., but the moment it comes to a story and the story being good enough for 1.5 to 2 hours....well, the less said, the better.
If I had been a guy, maybe I would have watched a few just to see a heroine in different stages of undress or passing off her undergarments as outdoor clothes but me being a straight woman, have no such intentions...on second thoughts, I never found other guys being much kicked about watching antara mali in 'those' types of clothes.
And no, I am not going to give up entertainment in the name of 'meaningful' cinema. Give me a 'Hum Hain Rahi Pyar ke' anytime compared to 'D' company.
Well, that's that...for the time being.
Anyone else has any other suggestions?
P.S. Just now I realized, that there's one more thing to give up:
8. I am going to give up trying to understand guys...well...yeah...honestly. I have been confused, irritated, angry and frustrated, and ultimately I have realized that it is no use trying to understand men at all...they are enigmas!!! So, peace!!!